May 22, 2020
"The beginning of the middle" - we chat about:
- how COVID has impacted his representative community in Northern BC (Skeena, Northern BC, Kitimat)
- what does a "new economy" look like
- Kelly reviews the new technology based office environment
Northern BC Pipeline Politics
- Ellis reviews what has happened specific to this issue within the last several months (rights & title, treaty negotiations)
- what is the future?
March 4, 2020
"Northern Conversations" had the honour of interviewing Skeena MLA Ellis Ross this past week. We reflected on his background & reviewed some of his principles & values that have helped develop his phenomenal leadership skills. We can't wait to chat again soon!
#artrouteblue #bcpoli #cdnpoli
February 7, 2020
We chat with Adam Olsen, MLA Saanich North & the Islands, Interim Green Party Leader, and have a great conversation about Indigenous Relations in BC.
January 14, 2020
Artist, Project Manager and art educator, Michelle Loughery (https://michelleloughery.org/) has worked in the field of community public art for 30 years and has created hundreds of large-scale fine art murals and projects. Loughery approaches large-scale art without use of grid or projectors and in addition to accepting commissions for public, corporate and private murals.
Generation two of Loughery's work offers a unique community WAYFINDER artworks digital rural employment strategies. This signature original program enlists youth and elders in the community as apprentices, and trains them in the techniques of art and digital story telling while leaving social, economic and tourism benefits behind.
- Listen in this podcast to our self-identified "small town coal mining girl" (based in Vernon)
- we chat about mural & public art and how this activity changes communities , specifically in this podcast First Nations Communities
- Michelle reviewed numerous projects that have positively impacted First Nations Youth including:
- Premier's Artwork Charity Foundation - a charity (6 million was raised) whose revenue was directed towards trades & employment training for First Nations Youth
- Wayfinder Public Art Project (https://michelleloughery.org/wayfinder-way-the-philosophy/) - using art to bring communities together & helping First Nations Youth learn job skills thru art and helping them stay and live in their communities
How to contact Michelle:
#wanderingwildartist #explorerouteblue #artistmichelleloughery #wayfinderart #Wayfinderart #Walltalk #artroutes #artrouteblue #artrouteCanada #destinationmuraltown #BIGART
January 7, 2020
We're very excited and honoured at the Northern Conversations podcast (http://www.northernconversations.com/) to start off 2020 by interviewing First Nations leader and visionary Lisa Mueller. Lisa is the Founder and Creator of Nation2Nation Events (https://nation2nation.ca/) and CEO of Mueller Consulting. She is an aboriginal consultant, community builder & workshop facilitator recognized as a young & upcoming voice and connector in the First Nation Community in BC. Lisa is based in Stewart B.C. and we engaged in a wide ranging dialogue about the origins and objectives of the extremely popular Nation2Nation conference recently held October 23rd - 25th in Terrace, B.C.
We hope to next hear from Lisa after the January 14 UNDRIP 2020 conference (http://undrip2020.ca/) in Vancouver. Nation2Nation is a major event sponsor of this conference.
December 12, 2019
An introduction to employment relationships and opportunities between 1st Nations Communities and Industry on Lower Vancouver Island.